The Leading Hotels of the World Selects Medallia to Run Global Guest Satisfaction Program
Medallia’s Customer Experience Management Suite Now Offered at More Than 430 of the World’s Premier Luxury Hotels
MENLO PARK, Calif., January 11, 2011 — Medallia, the global leader in software-as-a-service Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions, today announced that The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. has launched a new Guest Satisfaction Survey Program run on Medallia’s CEM platform. The program serves more than 430 of the world’s most prestigious hotels and resorts, including the legendary Hôtel Ritz Paris, Hotel Plaza Athenee in New York, and Imperial Hotel in Tokyo.
The Leading Hotels of the World, the premier hospitality organization, offers the largest collection of luxury hotels, resorts, and spas, which range from grand palaces and intimate city hideaways to expansive self-contained resorts and private island retreats. Member hotels are known for providing life-enriching experiences through unique first-class accommodations and unmatched guest services.
“The Leading Hotels of the World places a high priority on customer experience improvement,” said Ted Teng, president and CEO of The Leading Hotels of the World. “We chose Medallia for the guest satisfaction program that we provide free of charge to our members because Medallia’s CEM platform is comprehensive, flexible, and the most effective tool for customer feedback analysis.”
“The Plaza Athenee is an independent boutique hotel without the budget of a major hotel chain to spend on focus groups. With the Medallia-based program from Leading Hotels, our real customers comprise the only focus group we need,” said Karen Goldberg, director of marketing at the Hotel Plaza Athenee. “The information we are able to get from the system has proved vital to improving every aspect of our hotel. Instead of a general manager saying, ‘I think we need to improve this or change that,’ we now have analytical data specifying exactly which improvements guests want to see. I want to thank Leading Hotels for enabling us with the Medallia system to obtain this level of customer intelligence.”
Powering the Guest Satisfaction Survey Program
The Leading Hotels of the World provides all member hotels free training and access to Medallia’s CEM platform. Medallia captures real-time customer experience feedback and makes it available through flexible and easy-to-use online reporting. With the system, member hotels are able to:
* Quickly assess overall guest satisfaction
* Recover at-risk guests by acting on alerts delivered moments after surveys are received
* Improve service and product offerings by uncovering problems and identifying training needs
* Prioritize areas of improvement by learning what aspects of guests’ stays affect satisfaction most
* Track trends and benchmark property performance
“Through our work with more than 80 percent of top global hotel brands in hospitality and travel, we know the needs of the hospitality industry and the luxury lifestyle market,” said Amy Pressman, Medallia President and co-founder. “Medallia will help The Leading Hotels of the World membership maintain its standard of five-star customer experience by continuing to deliver premium guest service that surprises and delights customers and keeps them coming back.”
Resources and Links
* “Watch a 3-minute customer testimonial video from The Leading Hotels of the World.”://www.medallia.com/resources/leadinghotels
* Learn more about “hospitality solutions for customer satisfaction.”://www.medallia.com/solutions/hospitality
* Learn more about “customer experience management”://www.medallia.com/products” and Medallia.
* “Contact Medallia.”:http://experience.medallia.com/forms/ContactUs